DAY 1 – SUNDAY, JAN.27, 2019 Departure
Depart New York Kennedy airport via Delta Airlines flight 1017 at 10:55p.m.
DAY 2 – MONDAY, JAN. 28, 2019
- Arrive Paris at 12:00noon
- Connect on Delta Airlines flight 8620 at 3:10p.m.
- Arrive Cadjehoun Airport, Cotonou at 9:35p.m.
- You are met by the local tour guide, and transferred to the Azalai Hotel or similar 4* hotel.
Overnight: AZALAI HOTEL or similar
DAY 3 – TUESDAY, JAN. 29,2019 Cotonou
- 9:00a.m. Breakfast and orientation with your local tour guide.
- Depart to Port Novo, the administrative capital city of the Republic of Benin
- You will visit “Homme” the former palace of King Toffa, the ethnographical museum and the market. Continue to Abomey-Calavi at Nokoue Lake to board a motor canoe for GANVIE –The biggest stilt village in Africa
- Return to hotel for dinner and overnight
Overnight: AZALAI HOTEL (or similar) (Breakfast/Dinner)
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY, JAN. 30, 2019 Allada &Ouidah
- Early Breakfast and drive to Allada, to meet Toussaint Louverture’s ancestral family.
- Depart to Ouidah, a former Portuguese slave trade port.
- Ouidah, former center of trading post of slave trade between Europe and West Africa to Brazil, USA and Haiti. Ouidah is the birthplace of voodoo religion.
- Visit the historical museum, the sacred temple of pythons, the Christian Cathedral Notre Dame, the house of Brazil art gallery, and the impressive sacred forest of Kpasse dotted with bronze statues. The road of the slaves, by which slaves were taken to the beach– numerous statue and monuments, including the ‘Door of No Return’ a monumental arch.
- Lunch at beach side restaurant. Return to your hotel
Overnight: AZALAI HOTEL or similar (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 5 – THURSDAY, JAN. 31, 2019 Togo
- Hotel check-out. Depart and drive to TOGO, crossing the border and customs formalities, continue to a village on the banks of the Mono River, a former slave passage.
- Witness the ritual dance of the Zangbeto, the traditional night guardians and drive to Lome arriving evening
- Check-in to your hotel
- Evening dinner
Overnight: HOTEL BKBG (Breakfast/Dinner)
DAY 6 – FRIDAY, FEB. 01, 2019 Lome
- Depart on city tour of Lome, visit includes museum, independence square, Central market, Art Street with its craft vendors. Visit the artisan’s village and famous fetish market, a local traditional drugstore
- Return to your hotel
- Evening at leisure (Optional take a tour of Lome by night)
Overnight: HOTEL BKBG (Breakfast/Dinner)
- Depart for visit to the historic village of Togoville on the shores of Lake Togo, where you will cross by a traditional boat. The village of Agbodrafo where an illegal slave trade once operated is on the shores of the Atlantic coast.
Overnight: HOTEL BKBG (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 8 – SUNDAY, FEB. 03, 2019 Togo/Ghana
- Breakfast (Early Breakfast )
- Early departure and drive to the Togo/Ghana border. (Box lunch)
- After clearing customs and immigration formalities, you will meet with your Ghanaian local tour guide and continue to Accra.
- Arrive and check-in at Accra City Hotel
- Evening: naming ceremony and dinner
Overnight: ACCRA CITY HOITEL (Breakfast/Dinner)
Meet Tailors and dressmakers featuring casual wear and formal garments made from local fabric and textile will visit your hotel. You may purchase ready-made clothes or place an order for a custom-made outfit
DAY 9: MONDAY, FEB. 04, 2019: ACCRA
- Depart for a full day city tour of Accra visiting the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum and Park, final resting place of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, the first President of Ghana. The Mausoleum has been visited by many world dignitaries.
- Continue to the National Museum of History and Ethnography. This Museum houses a varied collection of Ghanaian artifacts.
- Visit W.E.B. Du Bois Centre for Pan Africanism, it is a Pan African Center for culture and it also has a research library and gallery full of manuscripts.
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- After lunch, drive past the Independence Arch and the Black Star Square-Accra’s ceremonial grounds to visit the Makola Market, the largest open market in Accra. View from a distance, the Christiansburg Castle, the office of the President of Ghana.
- Your last stop is at the Arts and Crafts Centre, where you will “shop till you drop”.
Overnight: ACCRA CITY HOTEL (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 10: TUESDAY FEB. 05, 2019: KUMASI
- Breakfast and hotel check out
- Depart after breakfast to Kumasi, the hub of the Ashanti ancient kingdom. Pass by several scenic villages and charming towns through the evergreen forests.
- Stop enroute to pay a curtsey call on the Chief and his elders and also have the opportunity to interact with community, observe and learn about the traditions of the village.
- Arrive in Kumasi and stop for lunch.
- After Lunch visit a few Ashanti craft villages to observe craftsmen at work and to purchase souvenir gift items from the wide assortment of handicrafts on sale; Ntonso where the primary activity is the Adinkra mourning cloth and tie-and-dye and finally to Bonwire, home of the famous Kente cloth.
- Check in to your hotel
- Dinner (on own account)
Overnight: GOLDEN TULIP HOTEL (Breakfast/Lunvh)
DAY 11:WEDNESDAY FEB. 06, 2019: CAPE COAST
- Depart for Cape Coast
- Enroute you will make a stop at Assin Manso burial site of the remains of the two ancestors exhumed from New York’s Wall Street and Kingston, Jamaica and reinterred on the Emancipation Day 1998 and the ‘Slave River’ which was the last rest stop for slaves on their ‘one way’ trek to the Coast for shipment into slavery. Pouring of libation and spiritual bathing.
- Continue and drive to Elmina Check in at hotel.
- Evening: Dinner
Overnight: COCONUT GROVE BEACH HOTEL (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 12: THURSDAY FEB. 07, 2019: CAPE COAST
- Depart to visit Elmina Castle the first and oldest European structure of any substance on African soil. This was built by the Portuguese in1482 and later used as an auction market. Go for a comprehensive guided tour. See the slave dungeons and condemn cells where slaves who attempted to escape were incarcerated. View its utterly distinct architecture.
- Lunch at Sanaa Lodge (American owned hotel )
- Afternoon: Proceed after lunch to visit the Cape Coast Castle which was originally started by the Swedes in1652. It served as the headquarters and seat of the British colonial government until 1877. Go on a comprehensive tour of the Castle, the Slave Dungeons and the West African Heritage Museum. The guide will lead you to slave quarters and Negotiation Hall where our ancestors were bargained and sold.
- Rest of day free to relax at your hotel to reflect on the day’s activities.
Overnight: COCONUT GROVE BEACH HOTEL (Breakfast/Lunch)
DAY 13: FRIDAY FEB. 08, 2019: ELMINA – KAKUM PARK – ACCRA
- Hotel check out
- Drive to Accra stopping to visit Kakum National Park. Go on a walk of the Kuntan Trail with the countless trees with medicinal properties. For the young at heart experience the “Canopy Walkway” suspended 100 feet from the forest ground fora panoramic view of the flora and fauna of the remaining vestiges of the rainforest.
- Drive along the coast through several fishing villages and coconut lined beaches. Arrive in Accra and check-in to your hotel
- Evening: farewell dinner at hotel.
Overnight: ACCRA CITY HOTEL (Breakfast/Dinner)
DAY 14 : SATURDAY FEB. 09, 2019 : ACCRA
- Day at leisure.
- 7:00P.M: Transfer to the airport for departure on Delta Airlines flight 220 at 10:45p.m.
DAY 15:SUNDAY FEB. 10, 2019:
- Arrive New York Kennedy at 5:26a.m.
End of Tour
- Roundtrip air transportation via DELTA ARLINES from New York Kennedy
- Travel overland via air conditioned motor coach in each country
- Experienced English speaking local tour guides in each city
- 3 nights Azalai Hotel, Cotonou
- 3 nights BKBG Hotel, Lome
- 1nights Golden Tulip, Kumasi
- 3 nights otelCoconut Grove Beach Hotel, Cape Coast
- 3 nights Accra City Hotel, Accra
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- 2 meals daily
- Lectures by Dr. Rashidi during the tour
- All tours as outlined in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Experience English speaking local tour guides in each country
- Travel overland in air conditioned motor vehicles
- All departure taxes
- Passport and visa fees
- excess baggage
- meals not included in the itinerary
- travel insurance
- items of personal nature,
- Tips to drivers/guides
TOUR RATE (net rate subject to change)
- The rates quoted are net per person based on double occupancy
- Based on a minimum of 15 full paying passengers.
- $4,345.00 per person sharing a twin room
- $870.00 single room supplement
TOUR TO BENIN * TOGO * GHANA
WITH PROF. RUNOKO RASHIDI
JANUARY 27 – FEBRUARY 10-, 2019
PLEASE BOOK MY RESERVATION TO JOIN PROF. RASHIDI TOUR VISITING BENIN/TOGO/GHANA :
DEPART JAN. 27, – Feb. 10, 2019 FROM NEW YORK KENNEDY AIRPORT
[ ] $4,345.00 per person based on double occupancy
[ ] $870.00 Single Room Supplement
[ ] I WISH TO SHARE A ROOM WITH [ ] I REQUIRE SINGLE OCCUPANCY
____________________ Single rate applicable if no roommate available
ENCLOSED IS MY (NONREFUNDABLE) DEPOSIT OF $250.00 PER PERSON. FINAL PAYMENT DUE
Dec. 12, 2018
NAME ( AS IT APPEARS IN YOUR PASSPORT)
DATE OF BIRTH: ____________ ( ) MALE ( )FEMALE
PASSPORT#: ______________ ______ DATE OF ISSUE______________EXPIRY______________________
PLEASE CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD $_____________ [ ]VISA[ ] MC [ ] Paypal [ ]AMEX
CREDIT CARD NO: __________________________ EXP. DATE____________Security Code_____
*All rates are subject to change
Make check payable and mail to: AFRICA DREAMER TOURS
9 Frank Street, Valley Stream, New York 11580
Tel: 516-285-4607* Fax: 516-596-7691