Kola Nut Travel, Inc.
Dr. Runoko Rashidi’s 2017 Afro Cuban Tour
June 28 – July 9, 2017
$3699.00 PER PERSON – DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
$4199.00 SINGLE ROOM
(Click Here for Daily Itinerary)
This year’s program will include a 12 day tour of Cuba. This is a bus tour with extended times up to 8 hours or slightly more required to reach at least two locations. If you do not want to spend a considerable amount of time on the bus, this may not be a tour for you.
The tour does not include domestic air in Cuba. We expect this program to sell out very quickly. The 2016 program had 54 participants and we had to turn away 15 individuals who signed up after the group had been finalized. We have 40 spaces and 10 of the spaces are already secured. If you are interested in joining Dr. Rashidi, please do so immediately. Preferences will be for participants who will be traveling with the group. There are currently 40 spaces available and of that number 5 will be single rooms.
What’s Included in Your Price:
- Round-trip economy air from Miami/Havana-Varadero/Miami
- Hotel Accommodations – Havana (3nts) – Camaguey (1 Nt) – Santiago (3 Nts) – Trinidad (2 Nts) – Santa Clara (1 Nt) – Varadero (1 Nt)
- 11 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- Round Trip Transportation Airport to Hotel
- Services of English Speaking Guide
- Trip Orientation for Confirmed Travelers
- Transportation on Air Conditioned Motor Coach
- Cuban Tourist Visa
- Cuban Travel Certification Documentation
- Tours in Havana, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santiago, Bayamo, Guantanamo, Santa Clara and Mantanzas
- Hotel Taxes
- Baggage Handling
- Cuban Departure Tax
- Cuban Health Insurance
- Luggage Handling for 2 Bags at airport and hotels
- Gratuities to Restaurants included in tour program, drivers and guides
What’s Not Included in Your Price:
- Gratuities to housekeeping staff
- Travel Cancellation Insurance (highly recommended)
- Optional Tours
- Some meals not included as specified on itinerary
- Passport Fees
- Items of Personal Nature
TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW!
- Deposit: $500 (non Refundable)
- Monthly Payments Equal to 1/4th the balance
- Final Payment Due: May 1, 2017
- Credit Card Payments are accepted. There is a 3% fee for use of your credit card. Contact us for details.
- Submit a copy of our Passport with Cuba Travel Reservation Form.
Cuba Travel Reservation Form (Click Here)
A Complete Welcome Package will be sent upon receipt of your deposit and completed Cuba Travel Reservation Form. Note: Make checks payable to:
Kola Nut Travel. Inc.
6080 Center Drive Suite 600
Los Angeles, Ca 90045
(310) 674-0291 Ext. 3
Go to www.kolanut.com for additional details.
FYI There seem to be some Itinerary glitches: Paladar Valdes was closed when I went in June and I shared that info the Dr. Runoko. Also, March 5th starts with departure for Santiago de Cuba at the other end of the island but then goes on to describe a Havanna itinerary which is also duplicated on March 9
Greetings Barbara Emerson. Kola Nut Travel is the agent who prepared the itinerary for this trip. I will direct your inquiry to them. I will be posting their response on this page; so check back. Thank you!
Is there a possibilty of purchasing tours and ground transportation only?
Greetings Barbara Emerson. I will also direct this question to Kola Nut. Be sure to check back. Thanks!
Greetings Barbara Emerson. I contacted Kola Nut Travel regarding your inquiry, and got the following response:
“The dates have been changed to take advantage of better pricing. The new dates are June 28 – July 9, 2017. This is a 9 day program that includes many activities not included in the March program. Currently there are 40 seats and 10 of those are already spoken for at this time with deposits. If you are interested let us know. Also, be mindful that this is a bus tour going throughout most of Cuba. This means bus rides that can last as much as 8 hours or slightly more (at least on one or two occasions). That means an early start on the road, etc. The bus does stop for restroom stops every 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 hours.”
As you can see, Dr. Rashidi’s website has been updated to reflect the current trip information. Also feel free to contact Kola Nut Travel for any other questions you may have. Hopefully this answered your questions; let me know if I can assist further.